Screen Recorder for Windows 10 – Recording activities while playing games or teaching tutorials using a program via a laptop, can be done in various ways. For those of you who usually create gaming content by recording game activity directly from a laptop. You will usually use the screen record feature available in it.
For Windows 10 users, there are several ways to record a laptop screen. A number of these methods can certainly make it easier for you to create gaming content or provide certain tutorials clearly and easily. Now, let us look at several ways to easily record your screen for Windows 10.
The Easiest Screen Recorder for Windows 10
Recording the Screen Using Chrome Extension
The first way to record a laptop screen on Windows 10 is to use the Chrome extension.
For Google Chrome users for browser needs, there is a feature that can be used to record a laptop screen on Windows 10. How record a laptop screen using the Chrome extension can be done in the following way:
- Open Google Chrome
- Visit the page: chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions to get the Chrome extension.
- Then, type ‘screen recorder’ for the keyword in the search box.
- Then select the desired screen recorder extension such as Screen Recorder & Screenshot Master.
- Click Add to Chrome at the top right, then wait for the installation process to complete.
- To bring up the Google Chrome extension, select the three dots at the top right, then open the extension options in the left-side menu.
- Then, find the screen recording extension that was just added, then slide the toggle at the bottom right to the on position.
- Then return to the Google Chrome home page and click on the screen recorder extension at the top right.
- Before starting a recording, adjust the recording area as needed such as recording the entire screen or only certain windows.
- Start recording by clicking Start Recording, then Google Chrome will immediately record the window or screen according to the settings, and click Stop Sharing at the bottom of the screen if you want to finish.
- After that, you will be automatically directed to a new Chrome window to continue the saving options from the recording by selecting the video quality, knowing the duration of the recording, and other information in a new tab.
- Click Download to download the recording and the screen recording video will be saved in the desired folder.
You can use the Chrome extension as a way to record the laptop screen not only on the Chrome browser but for other applications too. It’s just that you have to open Google Chrome first to be able to activate it.
Using the Game Bar
The next way to record a laptop screen on Windows 10 is to use the game bar. Where Microsoft itself has equipped its operating system with a screen recording feature that can be enjoyed without having to download additional applications.
The ways to record a laptop screen on Windows 10 using the game bar are as follows:
- Open the application page you want to record, such as PowerPoint or the screen playing a game.
- Then, click the Windows + G icon on the keyboard simultaneously. A transparent window will appear for various menus called the game bar.
- Select the round icon with a dot in the middle. When you place the cursor a little longer, you will find a description of the Start recording.
- Select this recording icon to start recording.
- Later, the recording process will be accompanied by a small window to indicate the duration of the recording, a stop button, and a microphone icon to indicate sound recording.
- When finished, select the round icon with a square inside to stop the recording.
- Then open File Explorer, and select This PC. Then, select the Videos folder, and Captures folder, and the results of the screen recording will be saved there.
If you want something more practical as a way to record a laptop screen on Windows 10. Then you can quickly use another shortcut, namely clicking the Windows icon + alt + R together.
With that shortcut key, the laptop will immediately activate screen recording mode which can be an option to do screen recording quickly without having to open the application.
Using Additional Application Help
What other ways to screen record on a laptop running the latest Windows 10? You can also use third-party applications. One of the applications is OBS. It can record the screen with results that can be directly shared with video platforms such as YouTube or DailyMotion.
But first, you must download this application via the obsproject.com page. After that, you can immediately enter the recording stage as follows:
- Enter the installed OBS Studio application.
- Then, select the + button in the Sources menu section below.
- Select the Display Picture option to start the recording file.
- Click Start Recording to start.
- When finished, click the red round button to Stop Recording.
The recording results will be stored in the default folder location, which is My Documents. Apart from screen recording, OBS also has a live-streaming feature.
There are several ways to record a laptop screen on Windows 10 that you can choose according to what you want and need. You can immediately try it on the laptop you are using. But more importantly to make the recording smooth especially when playing games, having a good laptop that meets the requirement is a must.
This article about Screen recorder for Windows 10 is expected to help you in creating instructional videos, recording gameplay sessions, or saving online meetings. With many options available, both free and paid, finding the right one for your needs is easy. Happy recording!